Wednesday, July 16, 2014

10 Magical Days in Disney Part 2



I know nobody likes a lengthy blog but in this case I just had so much to share!

So day 6 of 10 The Mr. (babies daddy, Hubby etc.) arrived via plane and Magical Express bus.  We started our new reservation at Beach Club Resort that day so he wouldn't have to step one snobby toe on a value resort.  What a snoot!  But, he's good for a laugh.

Beach Club Resort.  Wow. Where do I start??   The lobby is fantastic.  Totally like an old time beach club.  Beautiful fresh flowers everywhere, Staff members dressed like little sailors.  Some older man strolling around looking like Thurston Howell the III.  I'm guessing he was staff unless he takes traveling to another level....

And there we were.  The Clampetts.  Me, clutching my giant stuffed pig I have to sleep with along with about 6 other pillows and my favorite cooler (cause I'm cheap and wanted a few adult beverages that I didn't pay $10 each for)  I think the staff was offended because I said "no thanks" to their offer to carry my pillows.   At other resorts I make 15 trips to the car and it's really no big deal to me.  The cool part was I looked around and there were plenty of other "Clampetts" trying to unload mini-vans and with crap tackier than ours!
the view from Beach Club



Ok,  on with the resort!   The decor was so beautiful one of my boys said "Mom, this may be too fancy for us"   I said, "It's Disney fancy so we can handle it"!!  A short walk up the stunning staircase and we were at our room.  Standard??  Wow, nicest standard we've stayed in on property.  A lovely balcony with table and chairs that faced the beach and Boardwalk.  The beds were queens and so comfy.  The sofa was a demi/quasi pull-out?   Turned into a twin.  Perfect!    Once we gave the room a looksi we decided to roam around and wait on our luggage to arrive from Pop Century.  If you ever change resorts during your stay at Disney the staff are kind enough to get your luggage to the next resort.

Outside was the amazing pool I've only seen from passing by in a boat.  The bottom is sand and there are rocks surrounding it to give you a east coast beachy feel.  Climb up the wrecked pirate ship and hurtle your self down the enclosed water slide.  I loved it!  I must have done it 20 times in a row one afternoon!  There is a nice kiddie section which was separate with big piles of sand the kids could build with.  




The funny thing to us was that we don't need housekeeping every day. We are just not that needy or picky.  Good housekeeping to us at a value resort was finding a bag of towels on your room door after a long day at the parks.   At Beach Club on the days we didn't have housekeeping someone would call us and ask if everything was alright?  Was housekeeping not to our satisfaction?  TWICE A DAY they would call concerned!  That was rather amusing to us.

Having the ability to walk from our room straight to Epcot or take a boat from the lighthouse to Hollywood Studios was a fabulous perk of staying at Beach Club.  It made it easy if we were trying to hit 3-4 parks for shows or fireworks.  And then an easy walk or ride back to our room.  Very nice!!  Of course like most Disney resorts there was a campfire with marshmallows to roast and a beach side movie.  All of these things combined made for some great memories!

Waiting on a boat at Beach Club                                             Lighthouse

Never too tired to dance with my                             boys

The Mr. and I
The Mr. getting his annual 3rd degree burn...

Can't contain his excitement!

Why is everyone taller than me???



So Handsome!!!



Rainforest Cafe   Volcano!!

My fellow Disney nut













Absolutely!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please feel free to comment or email me :)