Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fork In The Road

I am so excited today!  I finally sat down and made our next reservations for Disney World!  


Since getting our annual passes last summer it has honestly been rather difficult to get to DW as often as we thought we would.   With teenagers schedules it seemed this year nothing was timed right.

I had every intention of going to DW  for my beloved Atlanta Braves Spring Training but my teens school schedule had not one day available during that time. And the older they get the more schools tend to frown when Mom takes them out for no good reason.....  And of course our spring break is along with everyone else's this year and the room rates were rather high.  This has always equaled out to high volume crowds.  And we aren't fans of that.

So,  I had to bump our trip back again to the end of May.  Which is about 4 months later than I thought we would go.

So, if you are considering an annual Disney World Pass and don't live close to Orlando you might want to sit down and figure up how many times are you really able to go.   Which I did rather vaguely.......

Whatever.  Any month for me in Disney is a good month and we are staying somewhere on property we have never stayed. ( And we have stayed at a lot!)   
Drum roll please........

Beach Club Resort!!

My guys have never been big Epcot fans but, I have always loved riding the boat past the cute paths connecting Epcot with Yacht and Beach Club.  

So I am looking at this like a new adventure outside our Disney comfort zone.


This is how my resort changing decision started:

My darling husband Archie Bunker had declared last year (while we were at Pop Century) he would not stay in a 200 sq ft room with music blaring and a lifeguard tooling around on a Big Wheel any longer.  He was finished. Cooked. There was not an ounce of pixie dust or magic to be found on him....

In fact he was so adamant that we did not bring it up again for months.

But,  he did admit last week if maybe just maybe we stayed elsewhere on property that wasn't so zippity doo dah he might go with us.

Hopefully Beach Club will be nice and relaxing and right up his stuffy, snobby alley.  And, he can see his favorite ESPN Club right across the water at Board Walk and boat on over whenever the magic leaves him.  

Now, the boys and I love love love Pop. Inexpensive, great music, decent food court and the only resort with DEDICATED BUSES. (buses that go straight to the park, not stopping at other resorts etc)  For those of you who don't know about this it is kind of a big deal especially for regulars.  My 15 year old has the transportation schedule down to a science.   And Pop just has a vibe that gets me all Disney excited.  

So cross your fingers folks.  This is a fork in the road for us.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please feel free to comment or email me :)